Sunday, May 1, 2011

8: I remember it vividly...



                                                                Helga

About twenty or twenty five years ago, my husband and I were in Puerta Vallarta, and were standing on the beach with a small crowd of people.  It was early evening and we were watching the sun slowly edge toward the horizon.  We were looking at a large, orange circle, very slowly disappearing.  Then suddenly it slipped away and as it did, I felt something wash over me from above.  Although I am not religious in the conventional sense, I felt this was a religious experience for me and felt very calm afterwards.  I remember it   vividly.       

As for personal details, I was born Oct.1929 in Vienna, Austria and grew up in The Bronx, N .Y. I am married with two children. In my forties I went back to school  to become  a social worker, and after retiring, find enjoyment in many hobbies, like water color painting, playing bridge, reading and in the evening watching old movies with my husband.  My first name is Helga.

Note: This beautiful memory was sent to us by Helga herself. We thank Helga for sharing her serene spiritual experience with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment