Friday, January 24, 2014

96. Our family physician prescribed Ice-cream for me!




 
Thousand Moon:  Shri Yashwant Ganesh Jadhav
Contributed By: Dr Raghunath Boradkar

Shri Yashwant Ganesh Jadhav is 83 plus. He is a retired forest officer and lives in Pune. He has set up a Bio diversity park and a land restoration project on 100 acres of land near Hinjewadi,  the well known  IT hub of Pune. Every Saturday he drives down to the place and looks after it.
On week days he looks after his sons  Software office management in Pune.
On asking what he considers the most memorable event in his life, he pondered over the question and took some time wondering and then came up with this small incident that made him happy and gave him the feeling of being on the top of the world.
I think everyone will enjoy this.  
His words....

I was 10 years old and had a very bad cough. It was diagnosed as Whooping Cough. My parents consulted our family physician and he prescribed Ice-cream for me. I was given Ice-Cream to eat but all my siblings and cousins were forbidden to eat. They were so jealous of me that I enjoyed looking at their faces .  Poor fellows they did’nt get to eat the ice-cream and I felt I was on  the top of the world.

Yashwant Ganesh Jadhav

After reading this I felt why do we not have physicians like this anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment