Saturday, July 7, 2018

140. The sowed seeds of Sanskrit learning came to fruition after retirement


Thousand full moon: N. S. Venkat Subramanian

Contributed By: N. S. Venkat Subramanian

Place of Birth: Kandamangalam Village near Tirukkattuppalli in Thanjavur District

Childhood: My paternal grandfather was a source of inspiration to me. It is he who taught me Sanskrit in my childhood. Another inspiration was my Sanskrit teacher, a vedic pandit. My teacher taught with great interest and dedication about Srimad Valmiki Ramayanam and other kavyas viz. Raghuvamsham, Kumarasambhavam of Kalidasa. He sowed the seeds of learning.
I learnt Sanskrit from my 5th year to 16 years. As I had to pursue my Diploma course for 3 years in Madurai, I did not have the opportunity to learn Sanskrit further. After my diploma completion, I had to seek employment as my father had retired and my two brothers and my sister were young and in school. So I joined Railways to support.

EVENTS IN MY LIFE :When I was at a place called Chinnaganjam in Ongole District of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1969 to1971, I had met one Telugu pandit (whose name I do not remember now)..He was a guide to me in Sanskrit Kavyas. He had learnt Kavyam in Tirupati under a great pandit. He could recite verses from Raghuvamsam and Kumarasambhavam by heart. He taught me kavyams, alankara shastras etc. This helped me to develop my self-study later in Hyderabad from 1975. I owe my regards to him. During the years 1980-1986, I had worked with the then Chief Track Engineer Sri. S. H. R. Krishna Rao. From him I learnt management of time. His kindness to every subordinate is worth emulating by everyone.

POST RETIREMENT LIFE:
I have developed interest in my religion and sanskrit language in particular after retirement. I have read Srimad Valmiki Ramayanam, Srimad Bhagavatam, Sriman Narayaneeyam and other Kavyas, and hymns. I am deeply interested in Sanatana Dharma and am a follower of Kevaladvaita of Adi Shankaracharya. I had an opportunity to initiate many people,- specially ladies who are more interested in learning about Srimad Bhagavatam, Devi Narayaneeyam, Krishna Karnamritam of Lilashuka, etc. At present, I am living in Gachibowli. My two sons and my daughter look after my wife and me very well.

I am a contended person in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment