Wednesday, October 2, 2013

87. I am very fond of sketching


Thousand Full Moon: Shri P. K. Kshirasagar
Contributed By: Dr. Raghunath Boradkar

Shri P. K. Kshirsagar is 90 plus He is retired and now stays in  Kothrud Pune. He is interested in portrait painting. He showed me many portraits he had made when I visited him. He cultivated the hobby himself without any formal training and enjoys it immensely. He has given us a very brief account of a moment of highest joy in his life. This is what he has to say

I am very fond of sketching. I am mainly interested in drawing sketches of very famous people from different walks of life. If a person recognizes whose sketch it is  then I feel very happy. I once sketched the portrait of the famous cricketer Shri Chandu Borde.  I had an occasion of showing it to him and getting it autographed by him. He showed the sketch to all the people who were present there  and all of them appreciated the picture portrait. I consider that moment  as the moment of highest joy in my life.

Shri P.K.Kshirsagar

 Another sketch by Shri. P. Kshirsagar

No comments:

Post a Comment