Friday, September 27, 2013

85. I bowed with reverence before his Photograph

 
 
Thousand Full Moon:  Shri Dattatreya Moreshvar Rabade
Contributed By: Dr. Raghunath Boradkar
Shri Dattatreya Moreshvar Rabade is 85 years old. He has crystal clear memory and has rendered a date wise account of events in his life. He has maintained good health and is a very soft spoken person.
Born in Narayangaon Tahsil Junnar District Pune. He passed his Matriculation examination from Bombay University in 1948. He retired from central Government Service and now stays in Pune.
He qualified for Sahastrachandra darshan  ceremony after 19/11/2009 but that no ceremony was performed then, pains him a little, somewhere deep down in his mind.
He is a regular worshiper of God Savita Godess Gayatri .He observes the daily ritual of Sandhya vandan and is fond of collecting Scientific Historical Religious information about these subjects. According to him till now he has seen1035 full moons.
He has certain, very close to heart, type memories from his younger days and he gives  a brief account of them date wise.
In April 1952 when he was 24 he met Swatantrya veer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar at his residence Savarkar sadan in dadar  and had a talk with him for an hour. Shri Savarkar presented him with six of his autographed books.
On 14th May 1952 when he was the secretary of Prakash Mitra Mandal he had a chance to felicitate Swatantrya veer Savarkar. The function was held in Nrusinha Mandie Sardar Abasaheb Mujumdar Road Kasba Peth Pune. The function was presided over by the Second R.S.S. Chief  Shri M.S. Golwalkar [Guruji].
In may1958  when he was 30 he became a disciple of His Holiness Sadguru
Purnavadacharya Doctor Ramchandra Prahlad Parnerkar  and was initiated by him
in the ways of worshiping.
In May 1971 he appeared and passed the Cricket Umpire‘s examination conducted by the Indian Cricket Control Board and came second. He was 43  then.
From 1964 to 1970 he had acted as an umpire in Maharashtra, but after passing the examination he acted on an All India level. He acted as a successful umpire on a national level till 1985. He give the credit for this to the encouragement given by his Guru , Sadguru Parnerkar Maharaj.
From 2005 to 2008 for four years he busied himself with a scientific research on Sandhyavandan and wrote a book Sandhya-samalochan  and published it. The publication ceremony was presided over by the ex vice chancellor Shri S.N. Navalgundkar of Pune university and the book was released at the auspicious hands of Sadguru Parnerkar Maharaj. He was then 81.
On 24 August 2009 he was felicitated by Shri Sharada Sanskrut Vishva Vidyapeeth
On the auspicious day of Rushipanchami as one of the seven ‘Rushitulya’ personalities. The function was held in Lokmanya Tilak Sabhagruha and was precided over by Shri Vijay Bhatkar the International Computer Guru, and Shri Rohitji Tilak Chancellor of Tilak Sanskrut Vidyapeeth. He was then awarded a ‘Manpatra’ and the title of ‘Sandhya samalochankar’ was bestowed on him.
On 29th September 2009 he was blessed by His Holiness Shri Shankaracharya Bharatitirtha Maharaj of Shrungeri. The blessing was in writing for his book Sandhya Samalochan. He recommended that the book be translated in all Indian languages.
At 82 he visited his daughter Sou Padmaja Bildikar and her husband Shri Makrand Bildikar staying in Sidney Australia. It was his first air travel, and he nearly visited 40 places in Australia. On 19th October 2010 he celebrated his 82nd birthday in Sydney Australia with his Daughter  and Son in Law. It was an occasion of great joy for him and in a way felt compensated for feeling that the Sahastracandradarshan was not celebrated on the scheduled day in 2009. Let us now have the account in his own words.
I entered my 83rd year in Sydney. I was with my daughter and son in law in
Sydney Australia. By now I had seen 1011full moons. At about four in the morning my daughter Sou. Padmaja awakened me. And asked me to get ready. A glass of water and some morning cores and I was ready.  We all got in the car and were out in no time. We went to a place called Blue Mountain a little more than hundred kilometers away. On the eastern side there were three mountains called three sisters. One could see the sunrise there. From the same spot one could also see the sun set on the western side. There was a deep valley and a thick forest. It was extremely cold and I was covered with layers of warm clothes and I kept only my nose open to breathe. In spite of all these thermal coverings I could still sense the cold. At about six I saw the sunrise and my body was flooded with the golden sun rays. That was what my daughter wished. It was a moment of extreme joy and I have no words to express feelings I had at that moment. A large number of Photographs were taken. After that there was a sudden gathering of clouds and no body could see the sun. It started raining.  At about seven we went in to the valley deep down. There we had a breakfast of tea and biscuits and got refreshed. We saw some waterfalls some old coal mine and an old roads built in 1800. We then had a rope way ride and came up admiring the beauty of nature. Then we had our lunch in a good hotel and returned back home at about six in the evening. A little rest and a hot bath freshened me up.
A get together was arranged at about 8 pm. A number of friends were invited with their families. I was given new clothes to wear. A traditional Aukshan was performed by five ‘Suvasinis’ and a garland of 82 flowers was put around my neck. There was a cake and 82 candles were lighted. I cut the cake in the candle light. There were presents and a happy birthday song with loud clapping.
The traditional Indian way in which the ceremony was held pleased me. I was served dinner in a silver plate and everybody wished me well. I was then the happiest man.
I consider this as God’s grace and my Guru’s blessings and also feel it to be the outcome of my daily “Upasana”[Worship].
On 7th November 2010  I was interviewed by Sydney Radio for half an hour about ‘Suryopasana’ and ’Trikal Sandhyavandan’. The program was conducted in Marathi. I must be the first person to talk about Hindu Sanskruti in Marathi on Sydney Radio.
On 1rst March 2013 I visited Andamans where my Political Guru Swatantrya veer Savarkar was incarcerated. I saw the cellular Jail the cell in which Shri Savarkar was kept and bowed with reverence before his Photograph. I also saw the Martyr’s Memorial and paid my respect to all those who sacrificed their lives for the nation.
A moment of contentment in my life that is what I call it.
-Shri Dattatreya Moreshvar Rabade

No comments:

Post a Comment