Thursday, April 12, 2012

43. He raised his hand and said “Be happy my son” ...


Thousand Moon: Shri Moreshwar Govind Bal
Contributed By: Dr. R. Boradkar

Shri  Moreshwar Govind Bal is 82 years old and is a staunch devotee of Shri Swami Samarth of Akkalkot.He writes about his spiritual experience and considers himself fortunate that he was the chosen one.

He makes it clear in the beginning that  his experience is not  a fantasy or his imagination. He is also very clear in his mind that it was  not a dream . . He emphatically states that he was not sleeping or day dreaming and was wide awake when it occurred. His elder sister  Shrimati Sharada Joshi who was with  him  bears a witness to what happened.

And now his experience in his own words.



“I opted for voluntary retirement form the bank where I was working in 1980..I used to spend my time reading Dnyaneshwari,  Dasbodh  and other religious books. I also attended the religious discourses and met sadhus and saints in Mumbai.. I was leading a happy life .I never had any craze for money so I had no problems. Life to me was enjoyable as it was.

It was some day in December 1983  and  I had been to Ghatkopar in Mumbai  to visit my elder sister. .We chatted for a while, had our lunch and then decided to rest for sometime. It must have been about 1:30 pm or so and there came a mendicant. He was standing in the court yard and asking for alms. He was chanting the names of gods and goddesses .  We,[ there were three of us] did not pay any attention to him and did not get up thinking he might get tired and go away. When the mendicant saw that no one was  was paying any attention he loudly uttered “Swami Akkalkotwale ” Hearing these words I instantly got up as these were the words hailing my Guru. The verandah  where we were resting had an  iron grill and a gate, so I went near the  gate. There out side the gate I saw a man with very bright eyes wearing a saffron gown, wooden slippers [Khadava] holding a trident in his hand. I was thrilled and did not know what to do. I steadily looked at him and feeling very joyous opened the gate. The mendicant said, ‘ I am hungry .Give me something to eat’ .I told the man that this was not my house and that I was a guest here.. My sister was watching us. In a city like Mumbai it’s not safe to let anyone in so she was just sitting and watching.

But the mendicant did not budge and said give me whatever you have got .I just had a coin in my pocket which I was going to give him when he said come out in the courtyard and then offer the coin. So I went out in the courtyard and gave him the coin .He smiled and then said “Do you want anything my son?” I said  “ No . I don’t want anything. I am happy and contented.” He raised his hand and said “Be happy my son” and turned to go .and went away. I was probably in a state of trance and came to my senses in a wink of an eye .I started looking for him but he was nowhere to be seen. He had vanished. My  sister inquired in the neighbourhood but no one had seen him. I was sorry I had not even bowed to him or paid obeisance..

This I consider the happiest moment of my life as I was the only one who had the ‘Darshan” of the Guru whom I revered .and that too in flesh and blood.”



Shri Bal  couldn’t have asked for  anything more as he had the divine grace .showered on him and that  was what he was striving for.


















No comments:

Post a Comment